As Senior Advisor, Ms. Murphy has extensive experience advising corporate clients on financial, fundraising and operational matters. She has raised capital and managed relationships with investors across the full range of equity, debt and tax-oriented capital and has worked with venture-backed companies and early stage investor management.
Prior experience includes:
- Founding Member & Managing Director of Ansonia Partners (2016-2018), an energy and infrastructure focused advisory firm, where she managed client relationships, investor engagement, transaction execution, and junior resources. She also served as a Managing Director of ERM Capital, an affiliated merchant banking firm, investing in energy and infrastructure opportunities.
- Director of EA Markets (2009-2015), an independent capital markets advisory firm, where she provided a range of clients across industries with product-independent capital markets focused advisory services.
- Finance & Business Development (2008-2009) for a venture-backed water infrastructure development firm, where she was responsible for investor management, business development, and finance.
- Associate Global Strategy, Business Development & Principal Investments, J.P.Morgan (2004-2006), a division of the investment bank, where she was responsible for managing and expanding a portfolio of strategic investments on behalf of the bank.
- Analyst, Technology, Media & Telecom Group (2001-2004), an investment banking coverage group of J.P.Morgan, where she focused on complex M&A, corporate finance, and capital markets transactions.
- Nora earned a BS from Georgetown University and an MBA from Columbia Business School, where she was active in business plan development and operational consulting to a variety of startup companies based in Manhattan. She is also a member of the Board of Directors of Creative Alternatives of New York, a non-profit organization providing non-traditional therapy services to victims of trauma.