M&A and Investment Monetization
When the time is right, financial investors may want to monetize their investment for the best possible value. But will the company be ready for a sale process?
Presenting the company in the best possible light and preparing for buyer’s due diligence requires extensive upfront preparation.
Fairlead has managed more than 10 portfolio companies for a successful sale – generating over $1.1 billion in gross proceeds. Some companies are best sold through a broad auction process and some are negotiated transactions with strategic relationships, but in all cases, the best outcome depends on advanced preparation and careful messaging.
- Led the merger, restructuring, and $50 million recapitalization of a Midwest district energy system with a 3,000-ton-per-day waste-to-energy facility;
- Led the $85 million sale of a manufacturer of high-quality tantalum powder to a strategic buyer;
- Prepared and managed the sale of an oil & gas supply company for $100M to a competitor;
- Advised on the sale of a subordinated debt interest in a national telecom company
- Restructured and then managed the sale of a German biomass company